The law establishing the African School of Diplomacy and International Relations has outlined its objectives aimed at meeting its vision and mission.
The objectives of the AU Diplomatic School are to:
1. To carry out business of training and retaining diplomats for present and future continental and international policy engagement.
2. To train seasoned and aspiring diplomats to boost the governance and economic sector and to support governments and agencies particularly the African Union to mainstream relevant steak holders in the implementation process of various framework
3. To develop analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills and attitudes enabling students to cope with dynamic and fast changing diplomatic International relations environment
4. To conduct research and consultancy in different aspects of diplomacy and international relations thereby contributing to the existing knowledge and discourse of the contemporary theories and practices of diplomacy
5. Collaborate with any institution within and outside Africa which share the vision, mission, philosophy and objectives of the School and
6. Undertake other activities appropriate for teaching, research and community service as expected of a fast past global Institution.